Our primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships. The major concerns are:
- To encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of the United Methodist Church
- To engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in its personal and social dimensions
- To clarify and speak to the identity and role of men in contemporary society
- To seek commitment to discipleship
- To study and become familiar with the United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs
- To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdiction, and church-wide goals
- To engage daily in Bible study and prayer
- To bear witness to Christ’s way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions
- To engage in some definite Christian service
About Tomoka UMM
The United Methodist Men’s group at Tomoka UMC meets on the last Saturday morning of each month. We typically gather at Bleekman Hall at 8:30 a.m. for breakfast, fellowship, a business meeting, and a brief program.
Throughout 2017 we will hold various activities and fundraisers to support local missions and ministries such as:
- The Florida United Methodist Children’s Home
- Halifax Urban Ministries
- Family Renew Community
- Palmetto House
Saturday, April 29, 8:00 a.m.
Saturday, May 6, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 14, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Annual Christmas Dinner Party
(for UMM members and families)
As your brothers in Christ, we wish to invite you to join us in fellowship and ministry as we grow into the kind of men God created us to be!