In October we will begin communicating with the congregation in more efficient ways.
Publishing weekly bulletins and monthly newsletters which contain mostly the same information has proved to be an inefficient use of time and effort among the office staff. Instead, we will be publishing a weekly newsletter for the congregation to take home so your are always up-to-date with the latest information about Tomoka UMC. The weekly deadline to include items in the newsletter will be Wednesday at noon. Our first weekly newsletter will be published on September 24, 2017. All weekly newsletters will be published to the Tomoka Weekly page.
The PhoneTree system we have is ancient in technological years (14+), and will be retired in October. Due to the high cost of purchasing either a new PhoneTree device, or subscribing to another voice messaging service, we have decided to pursue alternative avenues of communicating with the congregation:
- Short messages and reminders will be sent out as text messages or e-mails using the Remind service.
- Messages which are detail-rich will be sent out using the Mailchimp service, which we have been using for the last several years. You know it as TUMC News.
- You can subscribe to both services on our Subscribe page.
- If you already receive TUMC News you do not have to subscribe again!
- You may subscribe to Remind using your mobile phone number and/or e-mail address. Music Ministry members have been using Remind for two years and it has proved to be invaluable to their communications.
- Individuals without smart devices or e-mail are encouraged to form their own communications group who call each other with news.
Please confirm your contact information with Sarah in the Narthex on Sunday!